Sunday, February 06, 2005

Advice to psychopaths

Sorry for lack of posts. The news is: I'm in - subject to a police check.

In the UK, everyone involved with working with kids or 'the vulnerable' - now there's a loose term; must apply to everyone other than Masters of the Universe (and I'm not sure about them either) - has to be 'investigated' before they start work. The Criminal Records Bureau - CRB - is in charge of this. And what a daft organisation it is.

A few months back, I had to fill out a CRB form before I could start helping little kids in my son's school learn about road safety. It's a reasonably long document; you'd expect it to cover areas like "Are you a danger to the public?", "Do you have a history of mental illness?" and "Have you ever shouted at vulnerable people?". Not a bit of it. They ask you to confirm your address. They ask you for the job title you're going for. Er, that's it.

They don't even ask you for a referee - something I'd have thought was pretty compulsory. I mean, if you were employing someone in a fairly sensitive job, you'd want some other human being to vouch for them. The CRB doesn't.

A few weeks later, they send you a certificate that proves you're no danger to the public.

My advice to any deranged psychopaths hoping to get a job with the social services: give a false address - perhaps your local doctor's - send off the form, and await certification as a warm, cuddly person. It's that easy, folks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to this I fill in mine (CRB form) get my certificate only to find that i have been arrested on the isle of man, i have never been there in my life!!!! Visit my site to find out the full story and what the crb is doing about this

28 March 2006 at 01:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home